Online, you may stumble upon it as a Digital Garden, or it may be defined as a Zettelkasten system. Mine, instead, it’s definitely less ambitious; yet, it’s whipped, fragmented, juicy and sweet. It is a The Jam.
I happen to make curious discoveries, as well as I end up having interesting thoughts which I need to save before they end up forgotten or while I find the right words to reformulate them and place them in the Zibaldone.
I take all of these things and I make The Jam out of them.
From this page, it’s possible to start navigating in The Jam. There are two different ways to do this:
- by topic—choosing a tag from the ones below
- by clicking on one of the macro-notes (or MOC) and diving deeper and deeper in growingly branched notes.
Every single element in The Jam is connected to at least another one: at the end of every note, in the backlinks, are listed all of the pages which link to the current one.
- Website development - Creative and technical aims, ideas annotation and drafts tracking.
- Giri - Tutte le cose a cui ho assistito in giro, come spettatore, fan entusiasta, ascoltatore appassionato, studente curioso, insomma, ogni possibile variabile che mi rendeva uno che sta davanti al palco,...
- Tutto - Dato che, per mia natura, sono una trottola che gira ovunque per fare tante (troppe) diverse cose
- Missing digital tools - Ideas for programs which would be very useful, but I didn’t find yet
- Server - My server is a surprisingly powerful (considered how much I pay for it) VPS hosted in Germany by Contabo. It runs Ubuntu 20.04.
- Resources - A comprehensive list of great online resources for learning and more. Links to official documentation aren’t included, since it can usually be found with a quick and trivial research.
- Design - Little insights about the design world.
- Compagni di viaggio - Gli oggetti da cui non mi separo mai. Quando li smarrisco o perdo la cognizione di dove sono in quel momento (spesso, addosso a me), entro in crisi.
- Knowledge - I conceive knowledge as the fundamental quality of human life. It should be searched, managed, and preserved as a treasure, since it is the most valuable capability we have, together...
- Cinema - After watching these movies and series, I wasn’t the same anymore.
- Quotes - Some are from celebrities, some were pronounced by friends of mine and may have no meaning to the public, in realtà sono quasi tutte in italiano dunque non ha senso...
- People - Real and fiction characters who left a mark in me
- Blogroll - Blogs or websites worth remembering.
- Internet freedom - This awesome and revolutionary tool we call the Internet is so powerful that it’s becoming a threat to the freedom of the average user, who, in exchange for services, hands...
- Wishlist - Stuff I need and things I just would love to have
- Around the world - Places I love around the world
- Filmmaking - Tips on set
- Photography - Even though I’m not a serious photographer, I absolutely love this form of expression. Here, I collect tips and inspiration to understand it
- Books - Books I own and books I’d love to read and/or have
- Zettelkasten - The best way to manage knowledge and ideas as well as memories and lecture notes: the ultimate digital brain database system.
- Radio ham - Cose dal mondo dei Radioamatori
- Quit and switch - Quitting systems, software, bad habits is always hard and often painful. Nevertheless, if it’s for the best, it’s worth it. Below some of the things I’m quitting.
- Self improvement - I am a clumsy, messy, confused guy, and I need to work hard to achieve a result a more determined guy may accomplish in much less time and with greater...
- Stop highlighting, start underlining - Highlighting is strong, excessive, distracting, aggressive. Underlining is soft, neat, light, instead.
- Website log - Since I put a lot of care and attention to details in this website (probably even too much) I figured out it’s worth sharing my decisions about implementations and features...
- Music - Insights about music when made, played, or listened
- Reading - Insights about reading