Blogs or websites worth remembering.
Mainly, a website in this list is there for at least one of these three reasons:
- I admire its creator and/or author and/or owner
- its design is great and it may have inspired my own (xplosionmind)
- it has a unique or brilliant feature
Listed in alphabetical order. I could never determine an order of importance.
- Backpackerz: rewind 2010s, the precursor of the new generation of “longreads” (a.k.a.: articles which take a lot of time to be read and written)
- Born Free Generation, transforming a short movie, a story, in a website, done the right way. Genuinely beautiful.
- Cafundó Academy Blog, those GIFs
- CANALS, a digital exhibit which travels through the history of Amsterdam’s canals
- Once Upon a Time Magazine, some sort of web magazine onOnce Upon a Time in Hollywoodby Quentin Tarantino. This website is astounding, it left me open-mouthed, it’s a great work and it feels so good: it’s a piece of art, literally.
- Tim Holman: this man is the perfect stereotype of the crazy, eccentric and hilarious geek. Parts of me want to be like him. Creations inside this website are madly clever.
- Tania Rascia: the author has a great story, but the thing I love the most is the clean, minimal, neat design and layout. You get what you’re looking for in no time.
- Derek Sivers: there’s so much content and wit, so many insights, pages and links it makes anyone browsing around get crazy. I like it a lot. Also, but more importantly: this guy is so cool
- Luke Smith, gosh, what an individual. I love his philosophy about the internet. His website is here because of hispersonal library page
- Trax Magazine. Let’s be honest: in the end every online magazine / news website looks the same. This one has a unique identity, great colors and a wonderful design, which doesn’t jeopardize readability and focus
- UX Essays, every blog should be like this
- Work Responsibly, I can’t believe something so minimal can be so beautiful
Photography websites deserve a dedicated section, since their content takes up more than in other type of websites
Websites which award other websites for their design, usability, creativity and responsiveness
Websites that aren’t here because of one of the reasons at the top, but I don’t want to forget them
- The Useless Web, just click on it